Survey report on students interest in Skill Development Programme

 REPORT conducted a survey in three major colleges in Kerala, regarding the need of skill development training.

These are the findings after conducting the survey.


1.      Reasons of doing degree.

Aggregate Report



From the response given by three colleges I found that 60% of students are doing degree so that they can go for higher studies. 28% of students want government job.6% of students wants to be teacher. And rest 6% doing degree just for a good alliance.


2.      Degree alone will get a job.

Aggregate Report


From the graph we can understand that 33% of students think degree alone will get them a job whereas 67% thinks degree alone will not help in getting a job.


3.      Would they  join for tuition to improve your marks in degree

Aggregate Report


Here 22% of students will join tuition to improve their marks but the rest of the 78% is not interested in tuition.


4. Joining for a skill development program while doing degree.

Aggregate Report


From the graph above we can understand that 60% of students are interested in joining skill development programme while doing degree, whereas 40% percentage of students are not interested in skill development programme.


5.      Whether the student knows any stream of engineering can get an IT job and make success.

Aggregate Report


Here 74% of students think that any stream can get them an IT job and 26% don’t think so.


6.      Reason of not getting job after Degree

Aggregate Report


In the above graph it’s shown that 62% of students are confident that they get job soon after their completion of course. 13% of students think the curriculum is outdated. 1% students are in the opinion that teachers are not guiding properly. And 9% students themselves thinks they are too lazy to work hard. 9% doesn’t know whether they will get job after degree. 2% doesn’t want a job. Rest of 1% don’t have money.


7.   Motivation for going higher studies.

Aggregate Report


From the survey 49% of students wants to improve their knowledge. 31% of students would be going to higher studies because their friends are going. 15% of students are confident that they will find a job with their current knowledge and the rest 5% want fun.








About Sruthi Venugopalan